Online Nomad Communities
Online nomad communities are great for getting tips – and for helping us make friends offline! I’ve met some awesome (…and some less awesome) people through online groups, mostly on Slack and Facebook.
I don’t use Facebook much any more, but if you’re a digital nomad the groups and messaging can be really helpful – a lot of businesses use Facebook messenger, and if you don’t want to exchange numbers with someone or one of you doesn’t have a local SIM card, messenger is a good way to stay in touch (can’t believe I am basically promoting FB right now, ugh 🤦🏽♀️). There are tons of Facebook groups for digital nomads, locals, women, and expats – wherever you’re going, try searching for the place name + a few key terms, like “digital nomad.”
Pro tips: please – google before you ask something in the group! And be kind to each other. Seriously, if you don’t have something nice or helpful to say – there is literally no need to chime in.
There are a TON of groups and lots of noise out there. Below are a couple of my favorites.
Digital Nomad Online Groups
- Digital Nomad Girls (Facebook) – My favorite free broad nomad community that I’ve found
- Travel Fashion Girls (Facebook) – Obviously you won’t need this much after checking out my packing list , but I promise if you’ve got packing questions, these ladies have answers!
- Girls Love Travel (Facebook) – If you need a dose of solo female travel inspo, you 👏🏽 will 👏🏽 get 👏🏽 it 👏🏽 here.
- Nomad List (Slack) – This is not free, and it is absolutely worth paying for. A great way to get the inside scoop on places, get intel, and meet fellow nomads. Join!!
Entrepreneurship Online Groups
- Duraca Strategic (Slack) – This is my free group for budding entrepreneurs! If you’re starting a business or a side hustle, or have one, join us 😊
- Freelancing Females (Facebook and Slack) – I used to love Freelancing Females, and posted a lot of my business doubts and queries there. Unfortunately now that it’s shifted to a paid model, I find it not to be as good. Hopefully they’ll get their footing soon!
Have you joined any of these groups? What is missing from this list?
Find me on Instagram @t.prad and let me know if this was helpful, or what questions you still have!
Disclaimer: You'll find some affiliate links throughout the site - along with real talk about what I do/don't like about the product/service. I don't recommend things I don't like. If you decided to act on my (free!) advice (you're welcome 💁🏽♀️), this means I'll get back some coffee money on my efforts - so it's a great way to show your support for this multicultural creator 🙂